Sonia said - Forcibly silencing is not the solution to problems
Congress Parliamentary Committee President Sonia Gandhi has given her opinion on PM Modi and his government on Tuesday. He said that the problems of the country will not be solved by keeping the country silent.
Congress Parliamentary Committee President Sonia Gandhi has given her opinion on PM Modi and his government on Tuesday. He said that the problems of the country will not be solved by keeping the country silent. PM Modi is silent on important issues. The work of his government affects the lives of crores of people. Whatever legitimate questions are asked on big issues, the Prime Minister remains silent on them.
In an article written by Sonia in The Hindu, Sonia has accused the government of suppressing the voice of opposition in Parliament, misuse of agencies, ending media freedom, creating an atmosphere of hatred and violence in the country.
What Sonia wrote in this article, read in these 8 points...
1. Difference between words and actions of the Prime Minister Sonia said that the people of India have now come to know that in the current situation there is a big difference between PM Modi's words and actions. When he's not venting anger against the opposition or blaming leaders of yesteryear for today's troubles, all of his statements either miss the point, or they're big, catchy statements. By talking, they try to divert people's attention from these issues. However, their action clearly shows what is the real intention of this government.
2. PM is silent on our legitimate questionsSonia Gandhi said that the problems of the country will not be solved by keeping the country silent. PM Modi is silent on important issues, the lives of crores of people are affected by his government's work, he is silent on our legitimate questions regarding them. The PM has been comfortably silent after failing to deliver on his promise of doubling farmers' income by 2022. But his problem of increasing expenditure and decreasing price of the crop remains today.
The Finance Minister did not even mention unemployment and inflation in his budget speech, as if these problems do not exist. Of what use is his silence to those people, who are unable to buy even milk, vegetables, oil and gas on a daily basis. What is the use of this silence to the youth who is facing the highest unemployment rate ever. On the border issue with China, we have seen how PM Modi has been denying Chinese incursions, the government has been stalling the discussion in the Parliament and the Foreign Minister has adopted an attitude of acceptance of defeat.
3. An atmosphere of hatred and violence in the country, promoted by BJP-RSSSonia said that the hatred and violence that the people of BJP and RSS had promoted in the country is now increasing and the PM is ignoring it. Not even once has he spoken about maintaining peace or harmony or taken any action to rein in the culprits, let alone punish him.
Religious festivals are no longer a festival of joy and celebration, but an opportunity to intimidate and harass others. Now people are segregated on the basis of their religion, food, caste and language.
4. The government suppressed the voice of the opposition in the ParliamentHe said that there was a strong opposition in front of the government, which stood firm on its questions. Because of this, the Narendra Modi government took such steps, which had never been taken before, to suppress the voice of the opposition. The government deleted speeches of opposition MPs, stopped us from discussing, attacked Members of Parliament and finally disqualified a Congress MP with lightning speed.
Because of this, the budget of Rs 45 lakh crore was passed without any discussion of the people. Rather, the Prime Minister was busy inaugurating projects in his parliamentary constituency when the Finance Bill was forcefully passed in the Lok Sabha.
5. The government misused government institutions, it did not hide from anyone
Sonia said that the misuse of CBI and ED by the Narendra Modi government is known to all. More than 95% of political cases are filed only against opposition parties and cases against those who join BJP disappear like magic.
The use of laws meant for national security against journalists, activists and think-tanks is shocking. PM talks big for truth and justice, but when a businessman elected by PM is accused of fraud, he is ignored. After the Interpol withdrew the notice against a fugitive Mehul Choksi and Bilkis Bano rape convicts were released, they were seen sharing the stage with BJP leaders.
The planned efforts to destroy the credibility of the judiciary have now reached its peak. Union Law Minister calls retired judges anti-national and threatens that they will have to pay the price. This language is deliberately used to mislead the people and intimidate the judges..
6. Criticism of the government is not a criticism of the country, said the Supreme Court.He said that the freedom of the media has already been subjected to political intimidation by the government. The financial interference of BJP's friends is a big reason in this. Now evening debates on news channels are held to silence those who question the government. Not only this, by changing the rules of information technology, the government has also given itself the legal power to eliminate the legal protection of any news by labeling it as fake news..
The Supreme Court of India recently made it clear that criticizing the government should not be the basis for legal action. Is the government listening? There is no doubt that BJP and RSS have an army of lawyers ready to harass every platform that criticizes about their great leader..
7. PM hates democracy and his democratic responsibility.Sonia said that in the last few months PM Modi and his government have uprooted all the three pillars of Indian democracy - Judiciary, Executive and Legislature. PM's actions show how much he hates democracy and democratic accountability..
Look at the recent proceedings of the Parliament. We saw how the government systematically dissolved the parliament and prevented the opposition from raising issues that were very important to the people of this country. These issues included discussion on questions related to unemployment, inflation, annual budget and Adani scam..
8. Next few months are test for democracy.Sonia said that despite all the efforts of the PM, the people of India cannot be silenced and we will not be silenced either. Our democracy is going to be severely tested in the coming few months. Our country is currently at a crossroad. Because the Narendra Modi government is determined to misuse every power and influence elections in big states..
The Congress will make every effort to take its message directly to the people, as it did during the Bharat Jodo Yatra. Together with like-minded parties, we will save the Constitution of India and its ideals. Our fight is to protect the voice of the people. We understand our responsibility as the main opposition party and are ready to fulfill this responsibility by working with like-minded parties..