Sitharaman spoke in the US on violence against Muslims: Said- minorities in Pakistan are decreasing every day
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in America on Monday gave a statement on the issue of violence against Muslims in India.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in America on Monday gave a statement on the issue of violence against Muslims in India. The Finance Minister said that this opinion has been formed by people who have not even come to India. If there was violence against Muslims in India, would their population have increased so much. India has the second largest Muslim population in the world.
Nirmala Sitharaman was speaking on the issue of economic growth in India at the Peterson Institute for International Economics (PIIE) in Washington.
Sitharaman's 5 answers on the issue of Muslims, violence and minorities...
1. Come to India and see what is happening hereAdam S. Posen, president of PIIE, asked the question whether certain perceptions about India are affecting investments. On this, Sitharaman said, "The answer can be found from those investors who are coming to India and keep coming. If anyone wants to invest, I would just like to say that come and see what is happening in India." Don't listen to the opinion of such people who have never come to India's land and started making such reports.
2. World's second largest Muslim population in IndiaPosen asked Nirmala Sitharaman that there are reports in the Western media that opposition MPs are losing their membership and that the Muslim minority in India is being subjected to violence. To this, Sitharaman said, “India has the second largest population of Muslims in the world. Most of the reports are about whether the life of Muslims in India is difficult or has been made difficult with the help of the government.
If there is any such opinion or there is any reality in it, then I would like to ask that if this was really happening, then the number of Muslims who were there in 1947, their population would have increased so much after that?"
3. The condition of minorities in Pakistan is getting worseHe said, "The condition of minorities in Pakistan is getting worse and worse. They are decreasing every day. They are charged with minor charges and are even given the death penalty. In most cases, blasphemy is a legal personal enmity. It has become a means of extraction. The victims are immediately convicted. Neither the investigation is done properly nor the case is run in the court.
4. Pakistan had said it will protect minorities, they are being killedHe said, "When India was partitioned, Pakistan was also formed. Pakistan declared itself an Islamic country, but also said that minorities would be protected. Today the number of every minority community is decreasing there. Being killed There are also some Muslim sections, who are being killed there.
There is violence against Muhajirs, Shias and every other section that has not adopted the mainstream. Whereas, you will see in India that Muslims are doing their business, their children are getting education. The government is giving him fellowship."
5. Those who write such reports should come to India and prove their point
The Finance Minister said, “If there was violence against Muslims all over India, they would have been affected. It is clear that this is a false statement. Has the population decreased in between? Has the number of deaths in any one community increased too much? I would like to invite those who write such reports to India to come and prove their point."