How to change your address on Aadhar Card while sitting at home, here is the procedure
Users can now quickly update their address and other demographic data using the SSUP portal, thanks to the latest Aadhaar services upgrade to the UIDAI website.
People can now amend biometric and demographic characteristics online instead of going through the bother of finding and visiting an Aadhaar centre, according to recent improvements to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website. All that is required is a visit to the official UIDAI website, where users will be able to modify a variety of information with the click of a button.
Biometric data, such as necessary biometric updates, is available for free online, while demographic data, such as name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, and e-mail, costs Rs 50. Biometric upgrades that do not fit within the mandatory category are subject to the same fees.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
1. Go to the UIDAI website and select ‘My Aadhaar' from the drop-down menu in the top left corner.
2. Once you've reached the secondary page, select 'Update Demographics Data Online' from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner, which is located under the 'Update Aadhaar section.'
3. To update your Aadhaar, go to the ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar' link and fill out the required fields. After that, fill in your Aadhaar number and captcha as necessary. After filling in the required information, click the "Send OTP" button and compare your phone to the registered phone number.
4. Enter the one-time password (OTP) after receiving it on your phone. Then you select the option for "demographics data." You can now make the necessary changes to the relevant information. Click the ‘Proceed' button after filling out the appropriate fields.
5. To ensure the authenticity of your update request, you must attach scanned color copies of verification papers.
Users can get a complete list of POA on the UIDAI's official Self-Service Update Portal (SSUP).
Numerous papers can be submitted to verify the information provided, however, users must produce Proof of Address (POA) in the case of an address change on the card. The POA might be anything with your new address listed on it. Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity cards issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)