Delhi's air still toxic: Air quality in 'very poor' category with AQI 355, no relief expected in next 24 hours
The air quality in the national capital remained in the 'very poor' category for the seventh consecutive day. According to the report of System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research (SAFAR), the Air Quality Index (AQI) stood at 355 at 8 am today.
The air quality in the national capital remained in the 'very poor' category for the seventh consecutive day. According to the report of System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research (SAFAR), the Air Quality Index (AQI) stood at 355 at 8 am today. SAFAR says that the air quality in Delhi is expected to improve from tomorrow, ie Sunday.
At the same time, the air quality in Delhi's adjoining Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram and Noida also remained in the 'very poor' category. The AQI in these areas remains around 350. Be aware that an AQI between zero and 50 is considered good. 51 to 100 are satisfactory, 101 to 200 moderate, 201 to 300 poor, 301 to 400 very poor and 401 to 500 as severe.
The Delhi government has issued 10 guidelines to deal with pollution. Under this, the entry of trucks carrying non-essential goods has been banned in the city. Also, schools and colleges have been closed till further orders. The Kejriwal government has banned construction and demolition activities in the city till November 21. Apart from this, the employees have also been ordered to work from home till Sunday.
The Delhi government has also started the second phase of the 'Red Light on Car Off' campaign from Friday. Environment Minister Gopal Rai reached ITO Chowk and gave flowers to a bike driver standing at the traffic signal and requested him to turn off the engine whenever he parked the vehicle at the red light.
Gopal Rai said that it has been found in the survey that only 30% of the air pollution in Delhi is from Delhi, while the remaining 70% pollution comes from NCR and other states. He said that pollution from vehicles also plays a big role in this. This is the reason why we have extended this campaign for 15 days. Very good results are being seen from this.